The Scrying Chain

Welcome to ye Scrying Chain, Luthien's finest bar and inn. Travelers from SouthPort to Cutter's Camp make the Scrying Chain their first stop for good foods and refreshing drink in Luthien. Be sure to stop by every Tuesday when the best players from Luthien gather to... shell peanuts... in a high... energy... contest.... yeah.

Shelling Nuts.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Ogeny's Impressions (Further Reflections)

Ah! The joys of forgetting that you are operating on an unknowable time table! Apparently, the adventuring group cum rescuers of mine impersonated some guards to secure access to the building that the ruins were beneath! Heh heh...

Sooooo...apparently, someone figured things out because as we were about to exit the house without a care in the world, Bardy noticed that we were being surrounded! So, quietly and quickly we all attempted to sneak out the back and down some alleys. Sadly, the old woman was not as quiet and spry as she once was and brought the attention of a pack of guards to her and the Bard.

The rest of us kept to our hiding places down a side alley as the guards led the Bard and old woman off to a Sargent or something. Around this time, I noticed that the Halfling was missing. I could only assume he went off to help the Bard.

Not exactly sure what happened but they eventually caught back up with us. Then we were left with trying to figure out how to get the heck out of the city. Apparently, it was now on lock down. We started making our way towards the North Gate, hoping to get near the North Bridge. We figured the Kappa and I could walk upstream and make a hole in the chain net that prevents boats from heading upstream.

Well, let me tell you, trying to pry open some chains underwater, against a current, is not nearly as easy as I thought it might be. And due to my butterfingers, I let my head breach the surface and lost my crowbar :(. And just my luck, someone sees me! I start splashing around and pretend to drown to play it off and buy some time for the others. As I'm doing this, I start to see patches of clear, clean water drift down from upstream. I can only imagine whose bright idea that was.

Anyway, we eventually all get out of the city and low crawl it up river for a good ways until dark. The Cleric found an old run off that he was kind enough to cleanse so we could wash the stink of the river off. Then we hiked off into the woods to get a little further from the main road in case any patrols came by.

Looks like we'll be camping here tonight without a fire. And I got to pull the last four watches. Well, guess that's what this little journal is for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home