The Scrying Chain

Welcome to ye Scrying Chain, Luthien's finest bar and inn. Travelers from SouthPort to Cutter's Camp make the Scrying Chain their first stop for good foods and refreshing drink in Luthien. Be sure to stop by every Tuesday when the best players from Luthien gather to... shell peanuts... in a high... energy... contest.... yeah.

Shelling Nuts.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Roll Call....

Before the current party journied out into the snow in search of the Frozen Monastary, they whiled away the hours in a snow bound inn by taking turns at telling thier life story.

Heres how they came out:

The voice of Okamikage came first out of the shadows, growing louder as he walked toward the group....

As far as I can remember, my life revolved around some monastery. If you were to ask, I couldn’t tell you about my parents, as I have no memory of them. Because of my abilities at a young age, it was decided that I would receive special training in a monastery just beyond a small city called Yamakawachi, or "Town of the Mountainous River". Here I spent my youth and adolescence, learning their unique style of fighting that combined taijutsu, stealth, and grappling. When I had attained mastery of these techniques and of the philosophical teachings of the Kun, I returned here.

I came to the Monastery of Kord a few years ago at the special behest of my former masters, as it would seem that the head of the monastery has some special sway with them. I have found the monastery there a bit…unruly for my tastes, nor do I share the much of the philosophies of their god, but I digress.

In my current seat, I do what many of the disciples at the monastery cannot, as much of their convictions and impulses simply get in the way.

Kaito spoke next...

As a child I have always been quite nimble with my fingers. Growing up in the "slums" in the southern continent, I was quick to travel down the path of thievery. A loaf of bread, a coin purse from a wandering drunk, it all was done in order to survive. Eventually I became enamored with the thrill and challenges of each encounter. Eventually one must set off for greater pastures. My family and I headed north to one of the largest concentrations of Halfling.

We arrived in East Briar about 3 years ago and I setup shop. It was too long before I was noticed by the local thieves' guild; or rather it was an unfortunate encounter when I tried to lift the purse off one of their own. Suffice to say I was caught and since then I've had to pay my dues. I continued my exploits, until I came under the guidance of good ol' Hablis. He set me straight. He provided my family with work and decent shelter in times of worsening weather. He's been a formidable mentor and I consider him a very good friend. Well that's pretty much all I can think of.

Oh one more thing, I may not look it, but in times of need I've been know to cast a spell or two.

There was a brief pause.

Finally, the Wizard closed his book and began

My story is simple. As you can see by the book that I am reading im a wielder of arcane magic. I spent the last 5 years about 3 days journey south of here at my masters tower. After 5 years of faithful service as his apprentice I learned all that I could from him. It was now time for me to journey out into this world and to experience all that I can. His final words to me as I left him was to head north to Luthien. There you may find some adventuring companions to see the world. There is great magic to the north, you need to study it and learn it so one day I can return to him as a wizard of great power.

So I packed up my gear and headed north. Only to find out that I picked the worst time to travel. That first night was the worst. I have never been out in the wilderness before. I didn't know how to surivive. If it wasn't for my magic I was sure I would have froze to death. On the second day I met up with a group of travelers headed toward East Briar. They allowed me to tag along. It was a good thing too. Later that day we were crossing a bride where the river was swelling up. The water was rough and moving fast. We scrambled to get across it. It was no more than 10 minutes that the last person crossed when we heard a terrible crashing sound…the bridge had been destroyed. Taken away by the river. The last day was pretty much uneventful. It just got colder and colder and the snow started to fall. I was lucky to make my way here before the snowstorm came in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home